[Ansteorra] Re: uh... I ho eyou didn't mean to do this.

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Mar 1 20:42:09 PST 2004

mike young (uther at lcc.net) said something that sounded like:
> I just got an email today with a friends name and address...but it was spam.
> How do they do that?

It's a very old trick (and I remember all too well how to do it the
"hard" way). You can make email appear from anyone if you know how,
and it's not that difficult to know how. Many email clients now allow
you to have "personalities" which is the same thing.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "If you don't worry 'bout the future
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   sooner or later it's the past