[Ansteorra] My ID stolen from elsewhere

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 6 13:39:55 PST 2004

Although my email address was used as one of the "original message" senders,
I did *not* send the virus that has everyone so upset! My address was stolen
possibly from the PC address book of someone who has me in their address
book.

Point 1: I only use a Mac.
PC viruses don't come from Macs. Macs aren't apparently as much fun for
vandals, since there aren't as many of us Mac users out there... Nor are
Macs as easy to violate as Bill Gates has made his products to be.

[Seems to me that someone could make a lot of money if they started a
revolution to replace the Microsoft mess. Sadly, I don't know enough about
computers to do that and be another Forbes billionaire! ;-)   ]

Point 2: I am so stupid about computers that I don't know how to send
attachments unless someone is standing by my elbow, telling me how.

Being as old as I am, the memory is going fast, and I forget how to send an
attachment after the advisor leaves...

Point 3: The date of the virused email was March 3. I have been out of town
and did not use my computer from February 26 until March 6.

Someone smarter than I suggested that viruses wouldn't have a chance to send
things if something called a "blind cc" was used to reply to emails. (I
still don't know exactly what that means.)

My sympathies to all who have had problems with emails lately. Just be
assured that this ignoramus with the antique Mac didn't do it.

Lete