[Ansteorra] Honor shields

Derryk Carr derrykcarr at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 08:41:28 PST 2004

If you are talking about the "honor shields" normally used at Crown tourney,
they are usually 8" x 10". If there is an event that request an honor
shield, the event announcements normally detail what size to make the honor
shield. If you are talking about the "honor shield" that you place on the
corner of the shield you fight with.... These are usually up to 4" x 8" and
placed on the upper right hand corner (as you are looking at the shield),
which is also known as the "Dexter" (SP?) side. The honor shield you place
on your fighting shield is usually made out of leather with the device
either tooled or painted on it, then attached to the fighting shield with
the corde used to hold down the shield edging.

I hope this help you out.

In Service,
HL Aldric de Kerr