[Ansteorra] suitable camera for taking pictures inside a museum

Audette des Grenouilles audette at sapheron.org
Wed Mar 17 06:16:02 PST 2004

When you go to some of the museums, check first if they allow tripods.  Most of
the ones in the New York area don't.

Audette

Margaret Mitchell <mirrim at moritu.net> said:
:As Bors said, get a tripod.  It's invaluble for getting good pictures in
:low-light situations.  The higher the film speed the better, 400 or 800
:ASA (anything higher is a hassle at airports).  I took many pictures in
:museums in Europe with a Canon AE-1 programmable.  If possible, get a
:camera quick and go to a local museum to "practice". Develop the film
:and see how you did.  You'll learn alot.  A good digital camera is
:another good idea, but more expensive.
:
:Mirrim
:
:P.S.  Put the camera and film in your carry-on luggage if you're flying.
: The xray machines for checked luggage will ruin film, new or used.
:The less powerful machines for carry-on luggage won't hurt it.
:
:rachel luce wrote:
:>Greetings to th list-
:>    So, I'm going to NYC in two weeks and plan on spending most of that
:>    time inside various museums and art galleries. I was having a camera
:>    and film discussion with my soon to be dead significant other about
:>    what camera would enable me to task good pictures of various objects
:>    behind glass display cases. Keep in mind that no flashes are allowed.
:>    The upshot of an utterly useless conversation was that he couldn't
:>    recommend a camera to me for various reasons the main one being that
:>    he felt one should try out a camera before purchase to see How its
:>    going to operate, how the shutters feel, where the astrological sign
:>    were in the sky when that particular camera was manufactured, etc.
:>         I also got an hour long lecture on shutters versus shutter speed,
:>         resolution and lenses, type of camera (digital vs. film) and all
:>         the weakness of the types. Did I mention he's a photo hobbyist.
:>         Did I mention that I considered reaching through the phone an
:>         pulling his heart out? My mother owns an Olympus stylus zoom 70
:>         that she said I could borrow. Will this hack it? If it won't what
:>         do I need to looking for so that I can take good photos while
:>         I've got the opportunity to see this stuff?
:>                                                                                   -Xanthe
:>
:>
:>
:>
:>Do you Yahoo!?
:>Yahoo! Mail - More reliable, more storage, less spam
:>Ansteorra mailing list
:>Ansteorra at ansteorra.org
:>
: