[Ansteorra] Re: camera question

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 19 07:12:42 PST 2004

What a wonderful summary, Paul. Thanks.

I am a total idiot with cameras (and no experience with digitals, either),
but my now-defunct 35mm Mimiya had a light meter inside and kept me on the
straight and narrow. I really miss it! Even the company said, "Forget fixing
the timing!" I had gotten wonderful shots in all sorts of places and light
conditions. Sigh.....

A hint from me for those taking cameras into the desert (I was in the Middle
East  and the Sinai in 1975)--keep everything in plastic baggies. You won't
get sand in the camera/film or scorpions in your shoes!

Those also in our travelling seminar didn't protect things and, for cash, I
bought their film at the USA original price (not the quintillion wanted by
ME locals) because their cameras didn't work anymore, and we had not enough
time in one place to have their cameras fixed--if we could have found one! I
wound up being the prime slide show presenter when we all got back to our
various places in the States. (heh, heh)  ;-)

Lete Bithspring