[Ansteorra] Using Credit Cards to pay for events

Paul Foster p_foster at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 7 11:19:01 PDT 2004

To answer your question Lorraine, no, there is not a standard event refund
policy.

There are certain elements that will be the same in all refund
policies.   Such as:
Refunds will only be issued by check from the host branch treasurer.
Typically I would expect that the $1 processing fee would not be refundable
as well.

Specifics for each event however are up to the branch financial committee
to determine, as is usual with branch funds.   The ACCEPS system is merely
collecting the funds and transferring them to the branch.  How the branch
handles their funds is up to them to decide, same as if the funds were
received directly from the individual by check.

The ACCEPS Treasurer has several example refund policies available and will
be glad to work with branches to ensure they have one setup for their event.

Rhodri