[Ansteorra] Rapier Tournament at Loch Guardian

Bill Butler chemistbb3 at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 18:53:19 PDT 2004

Unto His Excellency, Don Iago Cabrera de Cadiz, Baron
to the Court of Ansteorra, and Loch Guardian of
Rapier, I send My Greetings.

Word has reached my ears that you are planning to hold
a Tournament for Rapier at Loch Guardian on the
weekend of May14 through May 16.  I must confess that
this caused me much pain and grief.  Yes I know that
there will be a Chivalric Tournament to be held, but
it shall be a Tournament with weapons whose points
have been blunted and edges dulled.  The blades of the
Ansteorran Rapier fighter are know through out the
Knowne World for their keen points and razor edges as
well as by the skill with which they are used.   I
fear for the Populace and the danger that this
Tournament may represent unto them.  I also worry
about the distress that the injury and wounds and
blood letting that could result from the Tournament
could cause to those Fairer and Gentler members of the
Populace.

I will think long and hard on this, but you should
know that I do not favor this Rapier Tournament.

William of Welewen
Baron