[Ansteorra] Full contact joust training in Texas

Hal Siegel therion at therionarms.com
Mon May 17 06:36:20 PDT 2004

Note posted to the Armour Archive forum - I thought some of our local
equestrian folks may be interested -

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30758

" The Fellowship of the Four Winds Historical Society Joust Team is
starting regular joust training in Troup, Texas (near Tyler). Practices
will be held every Saturday with the exception of Competition Saturday (to
be decided). This will be run similar to your normal riding club. There
will be an anual membership fee and entry fees for competition. These fees
will be used to provide prizes for competition including: cash prizes,
trophies, armor and equipment, etc...

If you've ever ridden with a horse club you will recognize this format.

Jousting events we train for and compete in include but are not limited
to:
-Ring Lancing
-Spear Throwing
-Quintain Hitting
-Saracen Heads
-Baston Dueling
-Shield Jousting (varying styles)
-Grand Guard Jousting (coming soon)

There will be light and heavy weight classes for the tilt, so don't be
discouraged if your horse isn't a draft. Current cogins tests are required
for all horses brought on site. Horseshoer on staff if needed. Code of
Chivalry is in effect. No "talking down" about any other jousting
organization will be allowed. Safety is paramount. We have a few loaner
horses available for each weight class.

Trainers will include, but are not limited to, International Champion
Dustin Stephens (Knight Master), Internationly ranked David Frey (Knight
Captain), and the quintain killer Blake Miller (Knight Captain).

For more information, E-mail xenophondavid at hotmail.com"

I don't know any of the people or politics involved, I'm just passing on
the message. Sounds like fun, but I don't have a horse. Anyone want to try
full-armor full-contact jousting with riding lawnmowers? :)

               Hal Siegel - TherionArms
              http://www.therionarms.com