[Ansteorra] heraldic consultation?

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Mon May 24 15:33:09 PDT 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 04:48:43PM -0500, john tygart wrote:
> I have a special question about this topic. My persona is Japanese. I know
> that the heralds will have a bunch of documentation on hand, but I am not
> sure if that includes asian persona. Should I bring anything to assist in
> the documentation of my name and device?

Speaking as someone who will likely *not* be doing name consultations
at the table, my opinion is 'yes' bring any documentation you may
have for what you're working on. We may or may not be able to use it
(depending greatly on the historical quality -- for example, historical
names that have been "modernized" in a document aren't terribly useful),
but there's certainly more stuff Out There than we have in the library,
particularly when dealing with non-Western European cultures!

-Emma