[Ansteorra] Gas prices and local participation

Elizabeth Blackthorne damsle_n_distress2003 at yahoo.com
Sun May 9 22:33:44 PDT 2004

Although gas prices do effect my far away eventing they do not effect my local participation.  I am fortunate enough to live in a small shire that is in my small hometown.  Fighter practice for the most part is not even a gallon of gas there and back for a month, and populace meetings are even closer.  For those that this is a problem for may I suggest car pooling.  It's not like you are going to an event and can fill a uhaul trailer with just your stuff, it's a few armor bags and a people.  As for eventing I am thankful that my parents have a huge pickup and let me and my stuff ride with them.  I have also learned to pack lighter because if I took all I wanted to take I could fill a uhaul by myself, and I hate packing it all up when I'm tired and hung over on Sunday.  What is crazy is when I first started playing I had a pup tent, sleeping bag, ice chest, and a few pieces of garb; now no matter how much I bring, I've always forgotten something.

Lady Elizabeth

Robert Stewart <skerritheviking at yahoo.com> wrote:
My Lady and Ansteorrans-
Annis and I moved to Atenveldt two weeks ago, and the price of gas is......go get a beer then read the rest, you will need it..........................2.13 a gallon! How much more money do the corporations and the Arab nations need? Oh, well.
Skerri

Thora Olafsdottir wrote:
Greetings and Good Morning Ansteorra,

Just a little while back we were talking about gas prices and participation.
I noticed that everyone was talking about going to events. What about the
little things that make us communities, A&S nights, Scribes and
Illuminators, Fighter practices? An event is a once in a while thing for
most of us but the meetings and practices are much more often. How do these
affect your fuel consumption and will you be able to afford them after gas
hits the $2.00/gallon mark? Do you live in the central location of your
group or in it's hinterlands? Do you think this will spark more small local
groups or not have an effect?

Curiously Yours in Service,
Thora Olafsdottir