[Ansteorra] SCA folks on history of cooking show

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 10 23:39:35 PDT 2004

I thought some of you might be interested in this, especially since
several SCA folks have on-screen parts in this.

Stefan
-------
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 11:25:53 -0700
From: Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net>
Subject: [Sca-cooks] The Secret Life Of... web page
To: editor at newscalendar.com, johnfox at theoffice.net,	Cooks within the
	SCA <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>,	SCA-CAID Off Topic List
	<caid-ot at sca-caid.org>,	caidcooks at yahoogroups.com,
	ANGELES-CHAT at yahoogroups.com

The Food Network wisely got help from the SCA's medieval cooking mavens
for their new food history show, THE SECRET LIFE OF... which will debut
on Monday, June 7 with a show all about the secret life of Barbecue.

Susan Fox-Davis / Dame Selene Colfox is featured in the show on Pie,
preparing traditional Cornish Pasties with host Jim O'Connor.  Air date
uncertain at this time, probably toward the end of the run but you never
know?
http://home.earthlink.net/~selene

James Matterer  / Master Huen  is featured in the show on Sandwiches
[6/21] with a segment on medival trenchers;  verily, the ancestor of the
open-faced sandwich.  His specialty molded cookies are featured in their
Cookie show as well.  James is the chap who referred the producers to me
so I am duly grateful.
   http://www.godecookery.com/godeboke/foodtv/foodtv.html

   From the Food Network website:

The Secret Life of ...

Did you ever wonder, as you crack open a lobster or peel away the layers
of an artichoke, who discovered the different foods we eat? As you pop
that chocolate kiss into your mouth, did you ever question where
chocolate came from? All of the foods we eat have a history -- a secret
life that we know nothing about. Take a lighthearted look at these foods
and find out why we eat what we eat. Hosted by Jim O'Connor.

The Secret Life Of premieres Monday, June 7 at 10pm ET/PT.

   http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sf

Best to all, Susan/Selene
selene at earthlink.net
--------