[Ansteorra] Swordsmith vs CBS Channel 2, NY City

Olivia G. Rodrigues ladyoliviar at lycos.com
Thu May 13 09:00:10 PDT 2004

It sounds like the bladesmith will be getting into a lot of hot water over this.  I'm sure someone has already contacted the CPS regarding his two year old near the blades.

What IS it with mundanes?  They see something out of the ordinary and immediately jump for some authority to "handle it" and make it go away.

This guy may just be trying to make a living in this current economic slump.  If he's breaking some law about a home business, then he should get whatever permits he needs to do this...of course, it's too late for that now.  I'm sure the city and the neighbors won't allow him to stay there anyway.

You gotta wonder...who told on 'im?  My money is on some neighbor kid he wouldn't sell a blade to!

I suggest we all send a missive to the reporter (via the site) and see if we can't get her a bit more informed on uses of bladed "weapons" and yes, remind her that even she has a sharp knife in her kitchen drawer she's more apt to use than anyone buying this merchandise.

Olivia

---
Carpe Diem Ex Illo Vitae Opprime!