[Ansteorra] heraldic consultation?

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Mon May 24 08:28:27 PDT 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 02:13:58PM -0700, Kimberly Koch wrote:
> Oh, by the way, can you suggest what kind of
> information it might be helpful for an interested
> party to bring? Do we need to bring pre-filled out
> forms, or do the heralds do that? How about hard or
> soft copies of proposed devices?

Very good questions!

Since we'll be doing full-service, nothing is required save a vague idea
as to what is wanted.  Bringing pre-filled out forms is fine, as far as
the contact info on the forms anyway. The rest should be done in pencil,
if at all, since we never know what might change! (My experience is that
there's usually plenty of time to fill out the form at the table, while
the herald is looking something up in a book...)

As for devices and badges, a pre-done drawing is always useful, but we
will have whiteboards for on-the-spot scribbling in color (my favorite),
as well as other scribble paper available.

Mostly what is most useful to bring is an idea of what is wanted, and
the flexibility to be able to change it to make it work!

-Emma de Fetherstan
Obelisk Herald

--
Jennifer Smith