[Ansteorra] a question about items left behind on the field

Zubeydah zubeydah at northkeep.org
Thu May 27 06:40:52 PDT 2004

i've received conflicting answers when I have asked this question, so I
thought I'd broaden my field of inquiry.

As a waterbearer at Estrella, I've seen the field littered with personal
items after the battle's end. (In one instance, it was the helm and shield
of a King...which was later witnessed being grabbed by an opposing kingdom
and 'held for ransom'...) In each instance, I've walked the field and
gathered up as many items as I could, collecting them at the entry-point to
the battlefield so they were more visible and easy to find.

- Is this a good thing to do, as it makes them more easily found / centrally
located?

- Is it better to let things lay where they are, as folks 'remember where
they left it' / 'dont want people touching their stuff' ?

I've wondered, because I've still seen that same massive pile of forgotten
items sitting at the field's entry point as I *left* the war site heading
home... is there anything else that should be done? Should they be turned
into lost and found? Security?

curiously,

zubeydah al-badawiyya
waterbearer