[Ansteorra] a question about items left behind on the field

Elizabeth Crouchet ecrouchet at austin.rr.com
Thu May 27 07:51:13 PDT 2004

I think that pile of collected things near the entrance to the field is a very nice thing to do
and only occasionally annoying if you do remember your stuff before leaving the field.
However, when that happens, even when annoyed I am very grateful some one was kind
enough to look out for me. I see it as my fault for not keeping up with it in the first place.

When that pile of stuff has lain there until all participants in the battle have really faded
away, it should be turned over to security/lost and found.  With all that goes on at war it
is sometimes easy to forget where your head is at.

If the opposing teams stuff gets left behind for a significant period of time this can lead
to mischief by other kingdoms. The king's entourage should have been more careful or
more carefully assigned. Also, the hostage holding kingdom has an obligation to make it
all good fun and keep the jest light. The other guy should never have to worry about
where his stuff is, he should be informed by herald right away with a ransom demand
that is not onerous.

Thanks again for being a water bearer and for taking care of us occasionally dim
fighters.

Claire