[Ansteorra] Fall Festival Thanks

Dirk the Dead dirkthedead at cox.net
Tue Nov 9 01:57:06 PST 2004

Greetings unto the populace of Ansteorra,

I wish to express my gratitude to those who were able to come to Trelac's Fall Festival.  The hard work that went into the event by all the members of the shire mean nothing without the good friends to share the experience with.  Thank you so very much for making the event such a success.

I want very much to thank many specific people.  I apologize if I do not mention your name here and I mean no disrespect.  So many people made this a great event.

To my Co Autocrat, Baron Gavin and his lovely lady, Baroness Safiye.  You both helped me so much, that I feel funny even being called the autocrat.  Without your wisdom and guidance, I'd would never have been able to do any of this.  You are both my beacons on a dark night.

Lord Efflim, the feastocrat, prepared an amazing feast that so many enjoyed.  If you missed Crown Tourney or the Fall Festival, you have truly missed out on a wonderful treat.  We can only hope he continues to provide feasts in the future.  You did a great job!

Baroness Safiye was list mistress for both the light and heavy tourney as well as running troll for the entire event.  I'm so glad that I can count on someone who can take care of the details that make my head spin.

Baron Gavin, again, for running the heavy list, as short as it ended up being.

Faolon for running the Rapier Tourney and Lady Muirghein for taking care of the A&S competition.  They both brought new views on topics that so often are taken for granted because it's the way 'we've always done it'.  They were also responsible for coaxing a few extra out of region participants.  Because of their efforts, the rapier tourney was one of the most exciting in the region this year, with no less than 12 participants.

Caite, thank you so much for being in charge of the waterbearing.  Between the oddly colored oranges (read: grapefruit) and the bees you were able to keep us all hydrated.

A special thanks to our newest Rising Star, Rebecca of Trelac, and her assistant, Lexi of Bonwick, for their service as water bearers.

To Sven and Byron, thank you both for coming out with the knife, axe, and spear targets and allowing us to throw real weapons.  I never was able to make it out to throw an axe, myself, but I know that the 23 participants had fun competing.

Sven took a simple drawing and made some beautiful site tokens for the event.  He truely is a wonderful artisan.  Thank you for helping add that small but wonderful detail to the event.

Thank you HL Larkin for being my voice during the day, it has always been a pleasure listening to you bellow.

Lady Eadaoin thank you for being 'Mom' to all of us and feeding us Friday night.  The hot (even boiling, it was wonderful) stew warmed our bodies and sprits and got the weekend off to a great start.

Thank you Don Tivar for participating in our rapier tourney, by not only fighting, but also judging our most swashbuckling swashbuckler.  I couldn't think of a more fitting person to choose the recipient of that prize.

Also thanks to Don Dore and Baroness Claire for your counsel and advice Saturday night.  You provided many great answers and suggestions so that future events will be even better.  I hope that you'll join us in the Western Region again to see them.

To my Shire.  I saw so many of you helping out throughout the day, I only hope that you each had fun and enjoyed the event as much as I did.  I hope that you'll one day support me again when I do another event, though that time, I hope, will be far from now.

Thank you to the lord and lady Bonwick for holding court at the event.  Many deserving people we able to receive awards that they so richly deserved.  Congratulations to Lord Efflim, Lord Guillermo, and Lady Eadaoin on much deserved Awards of Arms and congrats to Rebecca of Trelac on truly being a rising star.

Once again, if I left anyone out, please accept my apology.  So many people helped make this a great event, and I hold each one in my heart as I am in their debt.  I couldn't do any of this without all of you.

In service

Ld Dieterich von Trier