[Ansteorra] coinage

Jay Yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Tue Nov 16 09:45:44 PST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: ansteorra-bounces+jyeates=realtime.net at ansteorra.org
[mailto:ansteorra-bounces+jyeates=realtime.net at ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of
aethelstan
Sent: 2004 - November 16 - Tuesday 11:14

There used to be a few folks who stamped coins up in mooneschadowe.
Other than that, the only other person that I know of who hand makes coin
dies and stamps is Master Thorkill (TK) up in Forgotten Sea (Kansas City),
Calontir.

have always been intrigued by coinage .... and interest was rekindled
recently by reading Neal Stephenson's "Baroque Trilogy" (highly recommended)
and stumbling on a modern, real silver coin for first time in *many* years
in my day-change.  have enough investment bullion (silver, gold, and
platinum) gathered over 20 years that would make a excellent "seed" on a
private mint focused on "craft coinage" .... and would be a interesting way
to spin my jewelry / metalworking interest off in a  interesting new vector

'wolf