[Ansteorra] coinage

Synrik synrik at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 16 15:44:53 PST 2004

A rolling press doesn't have to be heavy, the frame just has to be able to hold
it together as you turn it . . . . Torque does the rest.

Stock?  I can buy gold, silver, bronze and pewter already punched out into disks
at nearly what ever thickness.  OK, a little more per given weight, but it's
there.

The DaVici press is probable what you are thinking of as a coin press.  It and
the rolling press were used near forever until the rolling press beat it out for
shear quantity.

As for having a hydraulic or pneumatic hammer press . . . . .. . . O' the noise
I could make!!!!  Plus it is a direct off-shoot / child of the water driven
hammers of the 15 cent. (?, Arns Metalica)