[Ansteorra] A question for Ansteorran artisans

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Nov 30 19:14:01 PST 2004

HLOriana at aol.com (HLOriana at aol.com) said something that sounded like:
>> I do think we do need some kind of recognition of people who are extra
>> ordinary craftsmen but are not necessarily into what it takes to become a peer...
> Isn't that what an Iris of Merit recognizes?  Someone with a certain degree
> of skill, but not a peer?

There are always those people who have created a masterwork or mastery
of several art forms, but are not a Peer. Many of these people already
have an Iris.

Now I'm not sure that I agree with needing an award for it, but I
understand the reasoning.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "If you don't worry 'bout the future
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   sooner or later it's the past