[Ansteorra] A question for Ansteorran artisans

kandace harris thetexladi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 30 21:14:53 PST 2004

"C. L. Ward" <gunnora at vikinganswerlady.com> wrote:
Greetings from Gunnvor!

Recently I've been participating in discussions with other Laurels
about whether or not Ansteorra should have a titled Kingdom
Artisan, along the same lines as we now have a Kingdom Bard.
Obviously, what *we* think about this doesn't matter nearly as much
as what the artisan community as a whole, and the kingdom at large,
thinks on this issue, so I thought I'd solicit some feedback...

(1) Do you think Ansteorra should have a titled Kingdom Artisan?
Why or why not?

    I think we should  have a Kingdom Artisan . We have just about ever Major thing cover on a Kingdom level. Why not ?

I also think it should be ..OPEN ..to all , not just Peers. Not to offend anyone , however , we have artisan that for one reason or the other have not gone in Rank, but are very talented and should be considered.

(2) If a titled Kingdom Artisan were to be selected, how should
this person be chosen? Competition? What kind of competition? How
judged? Royal appointment? Other? etc.

We have  competition at alot of Events. Why not have Kingdom Artisan appointed for one year. Entries can only be done on points earned at events (that why they will need to enter at events).in order to compete , 50% will be high points overall (total points made in competition though out the year at events) and then 50% will be judged at main (chosen )event for that year .

In order to make it fair ...get a Knight (Don/Dona), 2 Laurals,1 Heralded and Then, one of the Crown...After all they will be Their Champion.

(3) What, if any, should be the duties and responsibilities of a
titled Kingdom Artisan, if such were to be selected?

Share What they know...Their Art ! !  And all the other stuff that goes along with being part of Kingdom Champions....

I think it's a good idea and we should concided it....

....Kandyce....

Many thanks!

::GUNNVOR::

----

THE BLESSING OF THORR -- See VAL Gifts' newest designs based on the
Blessing based on a runic inscription from Öland, Sweden, "May
Thórr protect you with that hammer which came from out of the sea
and may the lightning hold all evil away from you."
http://www.cafeshops.com/v_a_l/283408