[Ansteorra] Never got a scroll? Here's how!

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 10:03:41 PDT 2004

Just a reminder that the following service is now
available:

Greetings all!

There is now a heraldic/scribal officer called Golden
Scroll who is responsible for filling requests for
replacement charters. A charter is the preprinted,
hand-painted document that is distributed with most
Ansteorran awards, and which most people refer to as
“scrolls.”

If you received a grant-level or lower Ansteorran
award, but never got a scroll, you can now request
one. Golden Scroll fills requests for non-armigerous,
AoA-level, and Grant-level Ansteorran awards for which
we currently have charters, including the following:
- Sable Falcon
- Queen's Rapier
- Rising Star
- King's Archer
- Golden Bridle
- AoA
- Compass Rose
- Sable Comet
- Sable Thistle
- Sable Crane
- King's Gauntlet
- Queen's Glove
- Grant of Arms
- White Scarf
- Star of Merit
- Iris of Merit
- Centurion
- Court Barony

Golden Scroll does not fill requests for Peerage,
Royalty, or Lion scrolls (please contact Star Signet
for information about requesting one of these
scrolls). Golden Scroll also cannot currently fill
requests for scrolls for baronial orders, ceremonial
honors (like Queen's Champion, Kingdom Bard, and so
forth), or closed orders.

The intent of the office is to fill requests for
people who never received a scroll with their award or
who lost their scroll due to extraordinary
circumstances, such as a house fire. It is not
appropriate to request a replacement scroll because
you don't like the colors on the scroll you already
received, you spilled a Coke on it, or you've changed
your name.

Other requests will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. If you're not sure, please ask!

To request a charter, just contact me with the
following information:
- Your mundane name, address, phone number, and email
address
- Your SCA name
- The name of the award, where you received it, the
date you received it, and which Crown gave it to you
- For Thistles, please also specify the art form; for
Comets, please specify the group

You must provide sufficient proof that you actually
received the award. In most cases, this is an OP
entry. Other types of sufficient proof can include:
- A signed court report
- Written confirmation from the Crown who granted the
award
- Written confirmation from the landed baron or
baroness who presided over the court where the award
was granted

Other types of proof than those listed here might be
accepted; please check with me if you're not sure.

I am hoping that most requests can be filled within
4-6 weeks, but please be aware that some may take
longer.

The information in this post is also available on the
Ansteorran scribal website
(http://scriptoris@ansteorra.org). An online form
should be available in the near future.

Feel free to contact me with questions, comments, and
scroll requests:
Sara Penrose
(Kimberly Koch)
3611 Chatwood Drive