[Ansteorra] Born on the List Field

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Tue Oct 19 21:01:59 PDT 2004

*s*...Well, perhaps I can be of some small help...
Sit back, Milords and Ladies...Uncle Alden's Gonna Tell A Story.
(The disclaimer:...I wasn't there, but I've had it from several reliable
sources over the years.)

Once Upon A Time (ohh, some 25-ish years ago)...There was a Master of Arms
(remember, now...MOA's are recognized for their martial prowess, but do not
swear fealty to the Crown...) by the name of Ivar Battleskald.
Upon this fateful day, a group of Knights had gathered, and were discussing
the meaning of Fealty.
Master Ivar had joined their group; and at one point, he ventured an
observation.
His comment (lost in the mists of history) was met with disdain from the
Knights surrounding him...their response was:
"What do *you* know of Fealty?...You're just a Master of Arms."

Master Ivar, insulted, left the group, without saying another word. He
retired to his tent, and proceeded to write "Born on the Listfield"... which
he performed at Court that evening.

No-one *ever* accused him of not understanding the concept of Fealty again.

I encourage you young bards to seek out someone who knows the song...and
prevail upon them to teach it to you.

In Service, I remain
Alden Pharamond
Tempio, Ansteorra