[Ansteorra] Bordermarch autumn melees food

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 23 16:55:42 PDT 2004

Make me one of those turtle cheese cakes luv!
gwyneth

charles netterville <cnetterville at ih2000.net> wrote:

My lords, my ladies, good gentle friends,
I come this day to tempt your taste buds concerning the delightful food stuffs available for your delight during the Bordermarch autumn melees the 18th through the 21st of November.
At this time there are three confirmed vendors vying for your appetites but there is so much more room and with attendance estimated to be over 500, we can never have too many taverns and food merchants.
Please indulge me whilst I offer just a sampling of what you can expect from our taverns.

The Love's Nest Tavern, being owned and operated by the lovely Lady Love of Halesworth offering a delightful repast for every meal of the day as follows.

Breakfast both days will be sausage, bacon or ham with egg and cheese on a flour tortilla
Lunch both days will be hamburgers or 2 hot dogs with chips and tea
Dinner Friday will be served feast style as follows
Bread & Butter
Lemon Chicken
Onion, Cucumber, and Parsley Salad
Waffres
Tartes de Chare
Tart of Rice
Tea
Dinner Saturday will be served feast style as well with a menu as follows
Bread & Butter
Torta Inivre
Mint Lettuce
Makerouns
Smoked Turkey Legs
Sambocade Cheesecake
Tea
Please remember to bring your feast gear for your meals, reservations are required and the cost is 15.00 per day ( if only reserving for one day please note which day ) or only 25.00 for all 6 meals.
children 12 and under are only 9.00 a day or 15.00 for all 6 meals. to make reservations please contact Love at loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com
But Wait !!!!! There's more

Our second tavern is Thy Hammered Biscuit hosted by two of our newest members, Santiago and Elizabeth. Unfortunately, at the time of this writing I haven't been able to find a current menu for this tavern but anyone who attended Battle of the Pines earlier this month and had the good fortune to happen across this lovely tavern will be able to attest to the variety and the taste of the dishes served. For a complete menu I'd encourage all to please stay tuned to this list for updates or contact the tavern proprietors personally at dblathrop at yahoo.com . The owners do tell me that they plan on staying open late to serve desserts and wassail and may even have a fire circle so that all may sing, tell stories or just make new friends.
And we're not done yet !!!!!!

Last, but certainly not least we have the Black Unicorn Tavern being hosted by Lord Elrique and Mistress Gwyneth
This tavern will also be serving throughout the weekend with the breakfast menu being
Pancakes, 2 eggs, ( any style ) and bacon or sausage. served with Orange juice and/or coffee
for only 3.00 ( free refills on coffee )
The lunch menu will be Hamburgers 3.00 or cheeseburgers 3.25 with all the fixins
corn dogs for the kids ( or kid at heart ) 1.00 ea.
French fries or hand battered onion rings 1.00
sweet potato curly fries, covered in powdered sugar and cinnamon 2.00
Elrique's own chicken fried steak and potatoes on a stick ( really yummy )
sweet or unsweetened tea 1.00 ( save your cup, .25 refills )
bring your own cup, .25 to start with( no barrels or drums please )
( still up in the air but we hope to have a fountain drink machine to offer soft drinks as well ) 1.00 each with .50 refills
Dinner menu
We're doing this the easy way. buffet style 7.00 a person all you care to eat !!!!! children 12 and under free with a paying adult. ( one child per adult please ) 4.00 each for additional children.
any of these or all of them...
Our kingdom renowned ( Elrique's famous recipe ) chili
Chicken and sausage gumbo
and a hearty beef stew.
all served with rice,
bread and butter,
corn chips ( for the chili or just to snack on )
cheese,
chopped onions,
fruit cobblers or fruit crunch in a pan for dessert
sweet or unsweetened tea.
bowls cups and plastic cutlery will be supplied or bring your own feast gear to help curtail waste.
This tavern will also be selling Chuckie's gourmet 4 inch dia. cheesecakes. 5.00 each.
please make your reservations early. Chuckie will also prepare the large commercially available cheesecakes for the reduced SCA rate of 35.00 for anyone who would like to pick them up on Friday evening. We will have available the original New York, the strawberry swirl, the chocolate/caramel swirl ,or the turtle. write to us at cnetterville at ih2000.net to pre reserve yours today. ( 4" cheesecakes serve 4 ) large cheesecakes serve 12 and weigh about 6 pounds each

For anyone else interested in hosting a tavern at the Bordermarch autumn melees please contact the tavern coordinator, Lord Elrique at cnetterville at ih2000.net and reserve your space today.
The tavern proprietors look forward to serving you and making your stay with Bordermarch a memorable one.
In servitiae Christe et Coronae
Ld. Elrique Falcone DeNetterville
Tavern coordinator