[Ansteorra] October BoD Meeting and Reception

ylwrose2 at juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Mon Oct 25 13:45:51 PDT 2004

Greetings to Nobles and Gentles alike

I also add my congratulations to the newest Incipient Kingdom of the
Knowne World, Gleann Abhann!  Twenty-six of their Populace attended the
Board of Directors Meeting on Saturday.

The meeting was very interesting and informative.  If you have never been
to a Board of Directors Meeting, I highly recommend it.  Sometimes seeing
a meeting like this can put things in perspective.  The contributions
from the audience were very helpful to the BoD.

In the evening the Barony hosted a period revel that was well-attended,
both by the BoD and Officers, our visitors from Gleann Abhann, and the
Populace of the Barony.  The Steppes Dance Guild, led by HL Guillaume, HL
Isabeau, and HL Helene graciously provided music throughout the evening,
as well as dancing.  The Guild did a few demonstrations, and some of the
party-goers even joined them for some of the easier and better known
dances.  Thank you to the Guild for this contribution to the Barony.

I would also like to thank HL Lete, HL Chiara, and Lady Nuala for their
assistance with the Welcome Gifts for the Board Members and Society
Officers who attended.  Upon their arrival at the hotel, they each
received a yellow glove embroidered with the Steppes ensign.  Inside the
gauntlet of the glove were Herbal Teas, a Dream Pillow, a Needle
Sharpener, and a Bookmark.  Several of the Board Members and Officers
complemented the Barony on the thoughtfulness of these gifts.

And I cannot forget to thank those who assisted with tear-down after the
festivities ended.  Thank you to their Excellencies Mahdi and Valeria,
Master Robin and  Mistress Serena, HL Katya, and Arcus Jacques.

Thank you also to HL Lete for lettering the revel invitations for each of
the BoD Members and Officers.

In Humble Service to the Dream
HL Francesca Laviana Sansovino