[Ansteorra] Price of Gas and Travel in the Kingdom

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Mon Oct 25 19:27:42 PDT 2004

At 07:18 PM 10/25/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Trish Kvamme wrote:
>
>>Wow Burke is Psychic because I just had this conversation with some of my
>>household recently.
>>
>>Average travel to an event for an Ansteorran family
>>
>>Gas $50.00
>>Ice chest stock $70.00
>
>$70.00?? That's nearly half of what we spend per week on food.You must
>have a bigger ice chest than we do. <G> (On the other hand, that $50.00
>for gas might be a bit low for us, one full tank on Saturday cost $40.00.)
>
>    -Tivar Moondragon

Actually, I know a number of people that will easily spend $60 to $100
dollars for ice chest fare (adult beverages included) over the course of an
event.

For me I cost of gas has effected my eventing.
I will use an event at Canton as an example of a average event.
It is 250 miles from my house to the site (in my car 1 tank costs $30) - 2
tanks of gas. - $60
Event costs site and feast - $20.
Hotel (if I stay at one) $60 per night. - 2 nights $120
Misc expenses (food on the road and such) $20

Event cost $100  ($220 if I stay in a hotel).
Of course if the event is closer to home it costs less and vis versa.

Three events per month $300 to $600.

Burke