[Ansteorra] Lord of the Rings exhibit coming to Houston

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 7 21:41:04 PDT 2004

I thought that I would share some information that I received this week,
knowing that most SCA-dians enjoy Tolkien and the Peter Jackson version
of the tales that have been put on film the last three years.

It has been announced that the travelling exhibit of The Lord of the
Rings, the Motion PictureTriology will be coming to the Houston Museum of
Natural Science in June, 2005 and should be there through the month of
August.

>From everything I have heard, this is a must see opportunity. Among the
items that will be on display
are:
Theoden's Armor, Boromir in the boat, Sting and I believe Anduril, a
full-sized Treebeard and cave troll. There are literally thousands of things
to check out and the influence of medieval crafts will be shown and
discussed. I have several friends that have seen the exhibit in London and
Boston
since it left Te Papa, New Zealand and they all recommend it very, very
highly. I don't know about you, but I would love to get a look at some of
the
armor and costumes very close up and personal. Here's a link to what the
Boston Museum of Science has had with it.

http://ww11.e-tractions.com/mos/run/lotr?rd=502

I know of some folks who were contemplating a trip to Boston, now they don't
need to go so far, just to be patient for a few more months!

Hope some of you find this useful.

Linet