[Ansteorra] Ansteorran Bard Book

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 7 13:31:56 PDT 2004

Greetings unto all of Ansteorra from Lord Alden Drake,

If you haven't yet heard, The Ansteorran Bardic Collegium is going to be held in conjunction with Three Kings, hosted by the Shire of Rosenfeld in November.  Dona Antonia (Kingdom Bard), Sir Pendaran (Former Kingdom Bard), and I (Just A Bard Who Lives in the Kingdom), are organizing the Collegium.

For my involvement, I am putting together an Ansteorran bard book, titled, "Voices of the Star".  It is a book of original music, poetry, and stories, written by, for, or about Ansteorra(ns).  Currently, the book has 29 submissions from 14 bards.  The deadline for submissions is October 1.  Solicitations have made via the bards list and by word of mouth.  I thought posting here might also help encourage more people to submit.

If you are a bard: please send me your submission along with a letter granting me permission to publish the piece.  Pieces written by Ansteorrans do not have to be themed to Ansteorra.  If you have written music, please send that too.  If you don't have written music for a song, but you can send me a recording, I'll try to get it transcribed for you.  If your tune is not original, but your lyrics are, please tell me what tune you use to sing it, and who recorded it (if possible).  You can email me submissions at alden_drake at sbcglobal.net, or contact me privately for mailing information.

If you aren't a bard, chances are you know one.  Please encourage them to submit something to the book.  The book is nothing without people to contribute to it.  Go ahead and forward this email on to them and encourage them to submit either a song, story, or poem.

Also, if you are an artist and have bardic themed line art that could be used in the book, please send that to me as well, along with permission to publish the artwork.

If you have any questions about "Voices of the Star", please feel free to email me.  If you have questions about the Collegium, please contact Dona Antonia (dsrummel at yahoo.com), Sir Pendaran (twinoak at cox-internet.com), or me (alden_drake at sbcglobal.net).  Dona Antonia is coordinating the collegium classes, and Sir Pendaran is coordinating the bardic circle.  They would gladly welcome any assistance you could offer.

AGAIN: That deadline is OCTOBER 1 - don't delay!

I remain in service,
Lord Alden Drake
Titled Bard of the Shire of Shadowlands
"The Bard Book Guy"