[Ansteorra] An Event About NOTHING!

Patty prand at swbell.net
Sun Apr 10 12:24:19 PDT 2005

The Shire of Seawinds &

Stonebridge Keep Proudly Host...

Coastal Invasion II

April 15th-17th

On this day, April 16, 1245, absolutely NOTHING happened! So come and celebrate nothing with us! The Shires of Seawinds and Stonebridge Keep are restless and needed a reason to play...And so this is an event about NOTHING!!!

We will have chivalric and rapier melees, a rapier tavern brawl, a Tavern with delectable delights and a scrumptious Feast.

NOTHING starts too early...and NOTHING in a big hurry...just relax and have fun!

Where: Live Oak Park, Ingleside Texas

Live Oak Park is a beautiful park with lots of trees for shade and some picnic tables. The site is primitive with limited access to water and electricity. The park is close to town with hotels for those who don’t wish to camp, an HEB and several fast food and local restaurants. Please note– the park is open to the public and situated in a residential neighborhood, secure your items and vehicles.

Site opens at 5 pm on Friday, April 15th and closes at noon on Sunday April 17th

Directions:

>From San Antonio or Austin take IH37 S to Corpus, take Hwy 181 towards Portland, once through Portland you will take Hwy 361 to Ingleside.

>From Houston take best route to Hwy 77 S, take HWY 181 S to Hwy 361 to Ingleside.

Once in Ingleside you will turn South at 1069 or Main Street. (There is a HEB on the corner.) Stay on Main street veering left at the fork. After about a mile look on the right for the large brown sign for the park as well as SCA signs. You will take a left, and go through a neighborhood to the park.

Site and Feast Fees:

Site fee is: $7 for adult $5 for children 6-12 Children 5 & under free.          Family Max is $21

Feast fee: $5 per person (limit of 50)                                                                      Proof of membership will be required to avoid the $3 non-member surcharge

Make checks payable to SCA Inc/Shire of Seawinds

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents. Pets must be on leashes.

Food.....

The Seawinds Cooking and Herbal Guild will host a Tavern. The Tavern will be a flat fee of $5 per person. You will be provided with breakfast and lunch. We will open our doors at 9am and close when all the food is gone (no later than 2 pm)Limited to 50.

BREAKFAST: Scrambled Eggs , Pork Sausage Links, Breads/Muffins/Pastries, Fruit, Apple Juice, Coffee

LUNCH (available after 11:30) Vensison Stew, Vegetable Soup, Bread and Butter, Beef Sausage, Cheese, Cookies and Fresh Fruit, Iced Tea

Feast will be prepared by Zira Zamora of Stonebridge Keep...  Limit of 50

Bread and Flavored Butters                                                                               Cheese                                                                                                                      Fruit                                                                                                                         OrangeChicken                                                                                                                      Rice                                                                                                                   Vegetable                                                                                                                Spice Cake

Feast reservations can by made to:                                                                          HL Lord John Lightfoot at    lightfootcim at aol.com                                                                                             Please include mundane name and SCA name of each person reserving

Local Amenities:

Hotels in Ingleside on Hwy 361:                                                                        Comfort Inn 361-775-2700          Best Western 361-776-2767

There is a HEB, Whataburger, Dairy Queen, McDonalds and several local restaurants in Ingleside.

Portland is about 10 minutes away and Corpus Christi is about 20 minutes away.

Site Rules:

This is a public park–please secure your items and vehicles                                  No ground fires permitted                                                                                       Pets must be on leashes                                                                                     Alcohol permitted in non-glass containers/Underage drinking will not be tolerated                                                                                                                Please bag trash and put in trash bins                                                            Parking in designated areas only

Autocrats:

Lady Caitriona inghen Mhic Lochlainn                                                                          Patty Randolf                                                                                                             361-992-1826                                                                                 prand at swbell.net

Lady Mairead McCracken                                                                                       Leslie Stevens                                                                                                         361-275-6742                                                                              sisbim at hotmail.com