[Ansteorra] Great Helm for Sale

Bob Kelley bkelley at accd.edu
Thu Apr 7 05:31:12 PDT 2005

Greetings Ansteorran Warrior's

If you or someone you know is looking for a superb example of a SCA legal
"Great Helm", please take a look at an item I've just placed on EBay.   The
direct link is listed below or you can search EBay under the titles of SCA
Great Helm or SCA Armor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43217&item=652402123
6&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW> &category=43217&item=6524021236&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The helm has been in my collection for several years and has never been worn
in SCA combat.  It was made by Master Robert de la Monte and is 14 gauge
throughout, with a 12 gauge reinforced top "crown".  This helm is designed
for a person with a large to extra-large head.  It's not padded, but is
fitted with a leather chin strap.  A similar helm offered at Valentine
Armory is featured at twice the price.

Thanks for looking.  I even took the photos!

Sir Emrys