[Ansteorra] Re: [Ansteorra-announce] Thank you from a newcomer!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 12 21:57:46 PDT 2005

  Dietrich Strobelbart wrote:
> Unto the Kingdom of Ansteorra and the Barony of Stargate, Dietrich
> Strobelbart sends warm and heartfelt Greetings,<br><br>I want to
> express my gratitude to the two Kingdom officers who took the time
> during the Stargate Baronial Championship event to teach a curious
> newcomer the basics of Field and Court Heraldry.

> Because of their kindness and patience, I am eagerly looking !
>  forward to the next opportunity to lend my voice to the cause.

Welcome to the SCA and to Ansteorra!

Perhaps these articles on field heraldry in the HERALDRY section of the
Florilegium might also be of interest and use to you:
F-Hldry-Trnmt-art (12K)  1/12/03  "Field Herald’s Litany for
Tournaments"
                                      by H.L. Alden Pharamond.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/HERALDRY/F-Hldry-Trnmt-art.html
Field-Herldry-art (48K)  6/ 9/02    "Field Heraldry" by H.L. Alden
Pharamond.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/HERALDRY/Field-Herldry-art.html

Or this general messages file on field heraldry:
voice-herldry-msg  (4K)  3/30/01    "Voice" heraldry in period and the
SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/HERALDRY/voice-herldry-msg.html

Stefan
--------