[Ansteorra] FW: [outlands] An Open Letter Re: Ibrahim and Ileanaand the B...

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 07:11:28 PDT 2005

In a message dated 8/3/2005 1:11:34 AM Central Daylight Time,
damsle_n_distress2003 at yahoo.com writes:

I do not  know the whole story and to respond to members of the BOD with my
opinion  about the half I heard would be foolish.
Knowledge is truth-conjecture is foolish.  Since no one knows the  WHOLE
truth let us just let the parties involved deal with it.  And  you are right- to
contact the BOD with your opinion at this point would be very  foolish

All I  know is I am curious to see how it all works out and the ramifications
it has  on our Kingdom.
Elizabeth

Curiosity is a two edged sword.  Investigating a situation can  lead you to
places you might not want to go.  If and when the information  on the WHOLE
situation becomes available- then a healthy discussion on the topic  would and
could be encouraged, BUT-to have everyone weighing in on a subject  where all
the information is not present is counterproductive and a great waste  of time
and energy and only tends to get people riled up over a subject for  which they
don't even have control over.  ( See "chicken little" syndrome)
I have seen controversy come and go and ultimately the BOD makes its  rulings
for the betterment of the members of the SCA.  Sometime it makes  mistakes
and when it does-then it is up to the "paying members" of our  organization to
express their voice to the BOD and petition for redress.
Once more- I implore the people of our kingdom to let this issue be  resolved
by the parties involved.  Speculation on if and how it "might "  affect us
will go nowhere and just get a lot of people hot under the collar and
ultimately some feelings are going to get hurt.
Let the dirty laundry of the Outlands stay on their clothes line-if the  wind
blows in our direction and starts to sully our lily white garments hanging
on our line-then we can complain.
OK now getting off the soap box as I have dwelt too long on this.

Baron Bors of Lothian
Baron Loch Solllier