[Ansteorra] FW: [outlands] An Open Letter Re: Ibrahim and Ileanaand the Boar

richard at duke.sca.org richard at duke.sca.org
Tue Aug 2 14:44:23 PDT 2005

This issue has been THE topic of conversation on the SCA Royal Peers
list for the last few days.  Whatever sordid deeds may, or may not, be
taking place in the Outlands is not of interest to me, but any potential
BOD action would be.  It is possible that BOD action in this case could
set precedent as to how much the BOD will scrutinize a Crown's actions
that are both SCA and Real World Lawful, but may conflict with unwritten
Kingdom Custom.  These kind of things can and should be handled within a
kingdom.  Though the  BOD is composed of well meaning individuals, it is
possible for them to err as a deliberative body..  Input from the
members can reduce the chance for BOD decisions which may be unpalatable
to a significant  portion of the membership.

Regards,
Richard