[Ansteorra] Fw: Steppes Artisan Sideboard

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Thu Aug 11 13:59:36 PDT 2005

NOTE:  Please forward/disseminate this message as I am not on all the
mailing lists.

Good Gentles,

Steppes Artisan is two days away and I hope your projects and attendance
arrangements are finished.  For this year, we are having a potluck
sideboard.

You will need to bring your own feast gear (disposable feast gear is
fine) as the Barony will not be providing any.  We will, however, have
iced tea, lemonade and cold water to accompany your food.

To better coordinate the side dishes for this event, we ask that you let
me know what you will be able to contribute to the side board so that we
do not have, for example, meat and desserts only.  Please review the
choices below so I can have an idea of how to set up the tables for the
sideboard.  The listing below shows the responses I have received so far.

MEATS/ENTREES/MAIN DISHES
Some Meat will be provided. Chicken And Pork. Potato Soup.
BREADS AND BUTTERS
Some Bread & Herbal Butters.  However, some more bread would be welcomed.

SALADS (Tossed Salads, Pasta Salads, Potato Salads, etc.)
Pasta Salad With Tortelinni And Artificial Crab.  ME salad - curds salad.
 Broccoli & Pasta Salad.
VEGETABLES (Green Beans, Rice Casseroles, etc.)
Green Bean Casserole.
PLATTERS (Cheese, Veggies, etc.)
Veggie or Fruit Tray.
MISCELLANEOUS/ANTIPASTO ITEMS (Pickles, Olives, Peppers, etc.)
Hard Boiled Eggs.  Relish Tray.
SWEETS (Desserts, Cookies, Cakes, etc.)
Baklava and other assorted middle eastern sweets.  Pears Stewed With
Raspberries And Brandy And Peppermint.
BEVERAGES
Iced Tea, Lemonade , Cold Water, Sekanjabin (Arabic "Lemonade" - Honey
Vinegar And Mint Drink)
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A LUNCHEON SIDEBOARD AND WE WILL START
SERVING AT NOON.

We will have kitchen access so that we can do some refrigeration and
warming of the foods provided.   Please mark your serving dishes with
your name on the bottom so we can return them after lunch.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.  Thank you for
your cooperation and I look forward to seeing you at Steppes Artisan.

Yours In Service,

Lady Fionnghuala the Fair or "Nuala"
Sideboard Coordinator for Steppes Artisan
E-Mail:  lizdenpeters at juno.com
Telephone:  214-330-8518 (Please do not call after 10:00 PM)