[Ansteorra] Fwd: New Group "SCA-Disaster"

David Backlin quiet2284 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 18:56:00 PDT 2005

Eric Jordan <talvin at frontiernet.net> wrote:
In light of the current situation and the unavoidable fact that we are
seeing an increasing number and severity of hurricanes and other natural
disasters that may affect our brother and sister SCAdians, I have
created a group specifically to promote communication of urgent needs in
relation to disasters affecting SCAdians, whatever the scale (it could
be just one person finding themselves without bread or bed due to
disaster, that is enough.)

Before I post the link: on the homepage for the group, I have laid down
certain rules for posting. This group will exist to facilitate speedy
communication of critical information to a large group of people with as
little "noise" in the signal as possible. So, read those rules before
you join, because I am not joking, and I care not who is not speaking to
me at the end of the day. ;)

Please feel free to pass this on to other groups where doing so would
not violate *their* rules. :)

In Service,
Lord Colin of Tighan

P.S. In the interest of keeping this new group noise-free and "up and
running" even if disaster or distraction befalls me, I seek applicants
to assist me in moderating it. You must be calm, diplomatic, interested
in serving your fellow SCAdians, and not afraid to tell someone to take
their topic elsewhere.