[Ansteorra] Shameless al-Barran Champions Plug - (its a FREE event)

Cathail of Killmartin elric24us at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 14:23:56 PDT 2005

I am Lord Cathail of Killmartin, Co-Autocrat for
al-Barran's "Champions" event (16 – 18 September).
Today I, and my partner, Lord Christopher Blackwood,
have the privilege and honor to tell you about some of
the non-combatant activities happening at
"Champions"!!!

I know what you're thinking "
I thought al-Barran's
Champions was a fighting event
" Now don't you worry,
there will still be plenty of fighting, but we
wouldn't dream of leaving out everybody else. Just
take a look at some of what we have going on.

Mead & Scottish Ale Brewing Competition – Possibly the
pinnacle of Scottish Arts and Sciences (at least that
is what one of the Autocrats thinks), bring your best
Brew's!!! We are looking for good MEADs and SCOTTISH
Ale's. Judged by random members of the populace, this
promises to be an excellent event (Prize to be
announced)

Best Kilt Competition – Separate competitions for both
males and the female equivalent. This competition will
be held just after the bardic on Saturday night.
(Prize's to be announced)

Best Baronial Scroll – OK all you scribes out there,
this one is for YOU!!! This competition involves the
participant creating an illuminated scroll (to be
donated to the Barony). These scrolls are then judged
on style, form and ability. (Prize to be announced)

Best Cod Piece Competition – Separate competitions for
both males and the female equivalent (this should be
interesting). This competition will be held just after
the "Best Kilt Competition" on Saturday night.
(Prize's to be announced)

But WAIT!!! That is not all that is going on!!!

Boxed Lunch Auction (Fund Raiser)- What a deal, What a
deal!!!! Here is a 2 fold competition. To enter, you
must simply provide a boxed lunch that you yourself
would not mind bidding on
. Then we auction off the
entries. The lunch that get's the highest bid wins
(and the person that bids the highest wins the lunch
that they bid on). (Prize to be announced)

Kids Store – We would not leave the wee little ones
out
 Rather than winning prizes at the various games
and competitions in the Kids pavilion, the kids can
win beads!!! Then they can spend the beads at the
kid's store (located in the kid's pavilion). And NO,
the adults may not buy stuff in the kids store
..

There is Fighting in the Streets!!!! Come on now, ya
know we would not be able to send out a plug with out
including at least 1 fighting event. And it's a REAL
fun one too!!! Check this out -

Roving Fencing Melee (fund raiser) – This will be
going on most of the weekend. It's a token based,
roving resurrection battle, and the person with the
most tokens at the end of the weekend wins.
Each fighter will start with 3 tokens (or lives), and
may purchase more lives for the low, Low, LOW cost of
$1.00 each. (Prize to be announced)

Directions

Take I-40 east from Albuquerque to Exit 196. Go North
of NM 21 for 12 miles. Turn East (right) on White
Lakes Road. Go 4.5 miles to Rough Road. Turn North
(left) and go 2 miles. Turn East (right) at SCA sign
and go 1 mile to Land's End.

For more info please check our web site
(http://www.al-barran.org/Champions05/index.php )
check it often for the latest changes and additions.
Or contact either of the Autocrats –

Lord Christopher Blackwood
ChrisGraham01 at aol.com
(505) 872-2994

- OR -

Lord Cathail of Killmartin
elric24us at yahoo.com
(505) 235-4844

(No Sheep were harmed in the planning of this event)

Sorry for any cross posting
.

In service,Cathail of Killmartin(Troy)