[Ansteorra] Minivans pulling trailers?

Elizabeth Crouchet ecrouchet at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 09:50:03 PDT 2005

We just got a 2003 Ford Windstar and expect to put a trailer hitch on it but our trailer is much smaller than the one described, not more than 2500lbs loaded.

 It rides comfortably and accelerates quite well. The Sienna was the choice for Consumer Reports but they were not talking about towing.

BTW, this may be worth a one year online subscription to Consumer Reports. It saved us a lot of time and money and hassle when trying to decide what we wanted. And better than the print version you can search all back articles.

We were looking for a used van but Ford only makes a XUV van the Freestar now, but it did not have what we wanted.

We did opt right away for a full size spare, just got a new rim and put the best of the old tires on it. It sticks out more than the donut spare but other things still stick out beyond it so we did not loose any ground clearance. The struts on the windstar are soft and that means the nose bottoms out on steep driveways more than you'd expect.

Have you considered a full size van like fords E150, or E250 or other equivalents?

Claire