[Ansteorra] Coptic egyptian/ middle eastern garb

Virginia Lively vlively at houston.rr.com
Sat Aug 13 14:17:18 PDT 2005

Please check out the following sites:

http://webpages.charter.net/wildrose/Articlefolder/an_overview_of_middle.htm

http://www.havenonline.com/moas/northstar/vol1no1/Gwazcoat.htm

Also, feel free to contact me offlist - vdlively at yahoo.com

HL Rhiannon NiBryan MacLaughton

Reply to:
       Is there anyone out there that can pass on some advice on garb? My
   husband, son and myself are developing personas from Coptic Egypt
   (Alexandria) around 1200-1400 A.D.(hopefully -I'm researching still)
   and I am sort of stumped as to how to find (or make) accurate garb.
   The clothes I have found on the Net seems to be modernish and I don't
   know if they are anything close to what was worn there, then. How much
   leeway do I have in clothing styles and items? For both men and women.
    Any tips, pointers or advice would be gratefully received. Thanks,
   all.

   Meresankh, Bordermarch