[Ansteorra] Fwd: [SCA_S&I] Scroll frames

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 16 22:51:48 PDT 2005

Thanks for sending this, Hillary. I hadn't realized you could pay
that much for a frame!

That frame is certainly something to aspire to. For those with
simpler tastes, here is a general file on framing scrolls which some
folks might find of use:
framing-velum-msg  (8K)  4/ 4/01    Framing vellum and parchment.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/framing-velum-msg.html

Tetchubah also talked of making her own quills and a bit about
gilding. Here are some files, also in the same area, SCRIBAL ARTS, on
these topics.
Easy-Gilding-art  (10K)  4/ 9/02    "Gilding Made Easy" by Master
Giles de Laval
gold-leaf-msg     (18K)  3/ 7/96    Working with gold leaf, tools.
quills-msg        (20K) 11/29/02    Making quill pens. Pen knives.

Stefan

On Aug 16, 2005, at 12:39 PM, Hillary Greenslade wrote:

> Some of you woodworkers might be interested in the handwrot frame this
> master picture framer created for an originial scroll from another
> kingdom.
> Perhaps it will give you ideas for more projects for your skills.
> (the frame is at the bottom of the page, click for an enlargement.)
>
> Enjoy, Hillary

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com