[Ansteorra] merchants

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 29 20:47:50 PDT 2005

Greetings Patrick,

Some of what you ask will vary from event to event. Some events you
will just be able to walk into and sell. Many, especially the
largest, are going to ask you to work through a merchant coordinator.
I would first look in the event announcements, and especially on the
event web page for the event if it exists, to see what they say about
merchanting.  Sometimes there are extra fees, sometimes not.

I'm afraid I'm not connected with the Defender of the Fort event, so
I don't have any specific information on that event for you.

However, you might find this file in the COMMERCE section of the
Florilegium to be of use:
merchanting-msg   (60K)  9/ 4/04    Merchanting in the SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMMERCE/merchanting-msg.html

Stefan

On Aug 29, 2005, at 6:15 PM, Patrick Callahan wrote:

> Good Morrow To Whom It May Concern:
>
> My lady wife would like to set up her tent and sell some our
> things at the up coming event called  Defender Of The Fort.  Having
> never sold at an SCA event before, we were wondering what to
> expect.  She sells hand worked necklaces, bracelets and earrings
> made from glass beads, empty glass bottles of odd sizes and shapes,
> and a kind interesting key fobs that make me think of site tokens.
> I sell hand constructed leather bags and pouches that one can hang
> on their belt.  We also have some books and audio books of
> Shakespeare's plays and King Aurthur; things of that nature.  It
> would seem very understandable that there would need to be some
> kind of restriction limiting us to only time period items.  But I
> think we would; like give it a go, even though we have never been
> anywhere that  had any kind of conditions like that before.
> Additionally we would like to know if merchants are charged any
> extra fees and if there is someone special we should contact before
> hand to reserve space?  Thank you greatly for you time.
>
> Yours In The Service Of The Dream,
> Crazy Patrick naspiritwalker at prodigy.net

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas