[Ansteorra] Katrina Relief

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Wed Aug 31 06:12:03 PDT 2005

Greetings,

Some of us have just learned that an Ansteorran who lives in Glenn Abhan
(sorry, I can't spell it) will be at Gothic War and willing to collect
food, clothing, money, whatever, to be carried to those SCA members hurt
most in Katrina's wrath.  Since this avenue is open to us, it may be a
good way to support our own more directly.

Also, wherever you live in Ansteorra, if you have a few hours to help
out at your local Red Cross office, please do.  They get a 'share' of
the work in the aftermath of any large disaster, and are usually just
buried within a few hours of getting their assignment.  Many hands make
light work.

Again, I am humbled and honored to live among people whose hearts are so
warm that their first thoughts are of their brethren two kingdoms away.
Vivat, Ansteorra!

Gerita

DFWchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com
www.japanesechinrescue.org

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost.  They are
added to the ages of other women.  -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)