[Ansteorra] Status of King's Arrow Ranch

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 16:48:09 PDT 2005

Do we know if the Ansteorran Gate made it?
gwyneth

David Jurgens <djurgens at energygraphics.com> wrote:
Greetings Ansteorra,

Many of you have asked about the status of King's Arrow Ranch. This was
posted to the Gulf Wars XV staff list today:

Lannon and Elesar traveled to Kings Arrow Ranch Monday evening to check on
how the folks there and the Green Dragon fared through the storm. It took
close to 15 hours to get there from Baton Rouge as they assisted in clearing
I-59. The motel at KAR took significant damage to the roof and many
buildings at KAR took extensive damage. The Dragon herself is fine.
Trimaris' gate is still standing, but the fence is down. House Animal has a
tree down across the fence, but both buildings and the gatehouse are okay.
Lannon doesn't remember seeing any damage to Small Grey Bear's site, but
didn't travel down toward the NOVA site. The fort took some damage.
Literally hundreds of trees have fallen. One of the bathhouses is destroyed.
The cabins are either off their foundations or trees across. The pool house
is a complete loss. One of the horse barns is also a complete loss. The main
hall has part of its roof ripped off.

We plan to be back up there this weekend so if you have a chainsaw meet us.
Warning there is NO food, water, or electricity so bring your own. Also no
gasoline.

Larry Stanford and John are running short of supplies actually the entire
community so bring any donations. Also NO Cell or phone communications!

I have asked the author of this post to keep me informed and I will pass
along any new information.

Regards,

Sir Godwin of Edington
Ansteorran Gulf Wars Liaison