[Ansteorra] Land

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 16:24:03 PST 2005

Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 06:21:39 EST
From: Ciard49 at aol.com
Subject: [Ansteorra] Re: Land
To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org

>I heard that the owner has given permission for some permanent >structures  to be built by the
SCA but that it must be >understood that the buildings or gates will be available for >others to
use throughout the year. He was  mighty unhappy with >certain types of walls put up. The chintzy
style did not fit in >with his ideas for the overall scheme.
>Ciard

You'd have to ask the Ansteorran Liasion about permanent land structures on the Gulf Wars site -
personally I'd love to have the A-frame cabins that Nova has next to Coastal Ansteorra - they look
warm and cosy.

We have to remember that the Gulf War site accomodates other groups than ours, many scout groups
through the year, and often they don't have their functions venture into the camp further than the
main crossroads near GW security - but yes, all permanent structures are required to have the site
owners approval; especially with regard to safety concerns.

Additionally, the SCA has a few temporary buildings at the site, to house equipment for many of
the various offices, though don't know if they have to pay rent on the property, though I suspect
the cost of the buildings came from GW profits.

Cheers, Hillary