[Ansteorra] RE: Land (Back to the orginal discussion)

Cheri Hodek texastornado_50 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 09:06:43 PST 2005

    Yeah!! What she said!

  Muirenn

  Printable View This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

        To:  ansteorra at ansteorra.org    Date:  Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:24:54 -0600    Subject:  Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 31, Issue 32 ~~ [Ansteorra] LAND (Back to the Original discussion)    From:  lizdenpeters at juno.com  Add to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert    [input]   [input]   [input]   [input]
I would like a large hall (approx 100'x200') with a high, beamed   ceiling  (for hanging banners) approximately 2 1/2 stories, simulated torches   (gas  torches would be very cool) on the wall, hidden task lighting and   ceiling  fans (for mundane stuff like cleaning, heating and cooling)  stone (or  similar) walls, four fireplaces that need 6' logs (one at each end and  centered on each long wall) with galleries (for the musicians),  additional rooms on one side with a state-of-the-art top-of-the-line  commercial kitchen with a fireplace and several wood fired ovens, a   full  bar with its own brewery facilities (for beer, hard cider and mead) and  an airlock smoking area with separate HVAC.  Multiple trestle tables   with  benches and ornate chairs, a dais at one end for court, flagstone   floors  with radiant heat, covered outdoor "porches" (cannot think of the   proper  word), real or faux flying buttresses, a real bell tower with multiple  bells (computer controlled, of course),
 a clock tower with the moving  figurines chiming the hours, turrets with observation decks, etc.    I guess I just dream big, or maybe enormous is more like it!    Liz and/or Fionnghuala the Fair "Nuala" and/or my evil twin, Cedric  "Decency . . . must be an even more exhausting state to maintain than   its  opposite.  Those who succeed seem to need a stupefying amount of   sleep."       ~~~ Quentin Crisp ~~~

"Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've
been but also where you're going.  Life is not a race, but a journey to
be savored each step of the way."