[Ansteorra] Gulf war jobs

James Moore suzipdm at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 22 09:52:02 PST 2005

  What different kinds of volunteering/jobs have you done at Gulf War?
I have volunteered at Gate, Volunteer Point, Youth Combat, and Shower patrol.

  What was your favorite?
My favorite was gate.  I worked the night shift and people get really goofy when they are sleep deprived.

  What did you learn that you wouldn't have known otherwise?
I learned that women complain about the showers being dirty but are not willing to evacuate them for 15 minutes so they can be cleaned by the crew.  Someone called the watch on me because I told them they had to leave.

  Last year wasn't as fun or successful because EVERYTIME I showed up for a shift I had signed up for, the people in charge told me I wasn't needed and sent me away.

  Micola Soranzo
  Canton of Glaslyn