Land - Re: [Ansteorra] Question 12/13

Ciard49 at aol.com Ciard49 at aol.com
Sun Dec 18 10:52:03 PST 2005

I was not thinking of just having open land that folks would camp  on, but a
permanent fully functional Site with nice concrete walkways  to all event
areas.

The village would be under a huge barn with skylights. No one would  ever
have to worry about getting rained or hailed on. Big storms would be less
dangerous than with open camping. Each "cabin" would have electricity and easy
access to water.

I used to work as a groom and exerciser for an Arabian horse farm in Baton
Rouge. The main barn for the champion stallions had huge stalls with wide
streets between them. I envisioned 4 rows of "cabins" (the middle two back to
back) of 10x15 brick rooms, open at the top.  The areas would be  larger than
most tents and many people can fit into one of them. There were huge  overhead
fans and doors on the side of the barn to let air pass  through, or close
against the cold. Each cabin would have sliding privacy doors.  The walls and roof
would be fireproof and the barn built of steel beams

I would also have several large dormitories with bunk beds to sleep  40. Hang
draperies from the top bunk for privacy. They will  have bathrooms and
climate control.

Think how much less stuff would have to be toted around if "cabins"  or
single beds were available.

I am getting too old for this camping stuff.

If one dreams -- dream big!

Now, as to the question of ownership and control, can someone please give  me
some examples of previous problems?

Ciard