[Ansteorra] Now.....Private Land Disscussion

niklas at pbgilbert.net niklas at pbgilbert.net
Sun Dec 18 11:14:41 PST 2005

Even though we participate in a group that is suppose to have honor and
such, there are some that do not "honor" that code and participate only
to throw a party with someone elses money.

At any rate....

Yes, they can file a suit, for $135 (the last time I heard that was the
usually filing fee) and a piece of paper I can sue you cause you wear
red shirts and I don't like red.

Again, I am speaking only in terms of private land that there are no
rental or usage fees exchanged.

Yes, if a fee is charged, that changes everything.

Private land with no fees is exempt from ADA and many other issues.

The point of my thread was that sometimes, users of the campsites, will
forget who owns the land and begin to think of it as "their" land.

The users agreements drive home the facts of this and clear up any
future problems.

Again, this case involves no $$$ exchanged.

Niklas

Chass wrote:
>     Ahh but in a society where Honor is supposed to be the norm why
> would one want to go around a law designed to aid those who are...
> limited in mobility or etc from attending? If one pays anything for a
> site then it is considered rentd by federal standards. I can name off
> top my head 2 places that rented to a Pagan group function and basically
> charged them very little, but someone filed case against them. The
> problem doesnt just stop at the owner of the site but the group was also
> liable for they chose the site. Thats what I was getting at it is not
> just the responsability of the land owner but those chooseing the sites
> as well. (Again people I am not trying to be a A.D.A. nazi just trying
> to show where there are more concenrs than most people think). Both the
> site and the group were charged for A.D.A. violations.
>
>     Now this is worse case scenerio.. like someone gets really peeved
> and files a suit. Which honestly will happen sooner or later. Not by
> me... cause I will not harm the game I play. But there are A.D.A. Nazi's
> who will join a group just to have case standing and sue they are as
> inevitable as hot weather in Oklahoma and Texas.. we have just been
> lucky so far.
>
> Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable Chariot
> Chass Brown
> Muddeler of Mead, Ailement of Ale and Whiner of wine
> Honorable Recruiter of house of the Red Shark, Have you seen my Belaying
> Pin?
> ----- Original Message ----- From: <niklas at pbgilbert.net>

Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW		H.E. Niklas Vasilevich
niklas at pbgilbert.net	      CB,CSM,KGA,OTR,ORH,Crane,AoA
936-714-3198 Cellular            Kingdom of Ansteorra
             Society for Creative Anachronism

            Texas Dept. Of Transportation, Radio Operations
            Austin, Texas                      512-506-5141
                       pgilber at dot.state.tx.us

                        "The Eagle has landed"
         "Sable, a double-headed eagle, a bordure engrailed or"