Ansteorra Digest, Vol 31, Issue 32 ~~ [Ansteorra] LAND (Back to the Original discussion)

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Thu Dec 22 08:24:54 PST 2005

I would like a large hall (approx 100'x200') with a high, beamed ceiling
(for hanging banners) approximately 2 1/2 stories, simulated torches (gas
torches would be very cool) on the wall, hidden task lighting and ceiling
fans (for mundane stuff like cleaning, heating and cooling)  stone (or
similar) walls, four fireplaces that need 6' logs (one at each end and
centered on each long wall) with galleries (for the musicians),
additional rooms on one side with a state-of-the-art top-of-the-line
commercial kitchen with a fireplace and several wood fired ovens, a full
bar with its own brewery facilities (for beer, hard cider and mead) and
an airlock smoking area with separate HVAC.  Multiple trestle tables with
benches and ornate chairs, a dais at one end for court, flagstone floors
with radiant heat, covered outdoor "porches" (cannot think of the proper
word), real or faux flying buttresses, a real bell tower with multiple
bells (computer controlled, of course), a clock tower with the moving
figurines chiming the hours, turrets with observation decks, etc.

I guess I just dream big, or maybe enormous is more like it!

Liz and/or Fionnghuala the Fair "Nuala" and/or my evil twin, Cedric
"Decency . . . must be an even more exhausting state to maintain than its
opposite.  Those who succeed seem to need a stupefying amount of sleep."
     ~~~ Quentin Crisp ~~~

------------------------------
 Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:46:01 -0600
> From: "Harry Bilings" <humble_archer at hotmail.com>
Come on if you are going to dream sets go for about 100' by 250' Snip!
Chass <chass at allegiance.tv> wrote:
How large would one consider a nice feast hall? Now before you  say "To
seat 250 people" I mean in Feet lol not people.
Snip!
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:36:20 -0600
> From: "Gilli" <gilli at hot.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] LAND (Back to the Oroginal discussion)
Snip!
Well, I think it will be a bit bigger.  You see, I have a 30'x40' feast
Snip! However, to seat the 250 that's in question, with room to move
around and what not, a hall 50'x100' would probably be better.     Gilli
Snip!
> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] LAND (Back to the Oroginal discussion)
I think a nice size would be ...30'x40'...or 40'x40'.....and do open
concept with small Kitchen in back cornor...and of course a small pit in
other cornor would be O.K. also. Kandyce