[Ansteorra] Gulf War Jobs

Alice Morrow Harris AliceMorrowHarris at austin.rr.com
Thu Dec 22 20:26:20 PST 2005

Greetings From Alina

>   What different kinds of volunteering/jobs have you done at Gulf War?
Nastycrat and waterbearing.

On nastycrat, the great thing about doing it is everyone is so happy
to see you as you're  the one with the toilet paper which is always
in short supply at the war. The bad thing about it doing it is people
leave the most disgusting and unmentionable things in the port johns
and I'm talking not what you're suppose leave in there. Besides
leaving that stuff behind people smoke while in there which leaves
the most horrible smell and smoke for the nastycrat and the next
person who has to use it.

On waterbearing, the great thing about doing it is everyone is always
thankful as it gets really hot fighting especially when the battles
go long. The only bad thing is the walking. After a while he water
and gatorade bottles seem really heavy while walking back and forth
and trying to quickly get to as many combatants as possible.

What was your favorite? I don't have a favorite.

What did you learn that you wouldn't have known otherwise?
At last year's war, I learned I prefer waterbearing to chirurgeoning.
I like to stay busy as I'm not a sitting down kind of person.
Chirurgeoning entails you wanting around for someone getting hurt and
being there to help injured person. Although I didn't like anyone
getting hurt, I just didn't like sitting and waiting.

See You At The War With My Bottles of Gatorade & Water And My Rolls
Of Toilet Papers,
Alina