[Ansteorra] Question 12/22

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Fri Dec 23 07:09:43 PST 2005

In a message dated 12/23/2005 5:22:44 AM Central Standard Time,
moondrgn at earthlink.net writes:

I never  threw a blow, I never took a blow, I saw
maybe five Trimarians the whole  time I was in there.

Back at Gulf War I - in the woods- in the heat. AH yes - I remember it  well.
I was in MUCH better condition in those days.  I was walking thru the  woods
going up and down the gullys and ravines with about 3-4 of my  companions
looking for some one to kill- NOTHING.
Finally came upon a band of Trimarians, just sitting on the ground.   They
begged us to kill them so they could get out of the woods but we were  merciful
and let them live.  Continued on into the deeper part of the woods  and
suddenly realized that I was all alone, my companions had one by one  succumed to
the heat and I wasn't feeling to good either.  Started to head  back to the road
and kept feeling worse and worse, but I knew that if I stopped,  I would
never make it.  Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I  stumbled onto the
road and into the arms of the most loveliest of ladies, my  wife. The Baroness
was helping pass out water to all that needed it and was  doing emergency
triage since she was a nurse.  After feeling a little  better, I went back into
he woods and started pulling armor off of fighters who  were too weak to take
it off themselves, giving them a small drink and escorting  them back to the
road.  It looked like a scene from a real battle watching  fighter after fighter
stumbeling out of the wood, collapsing onto the ground and  people running to
them to evaluate their need. Not to mention all the pickup  trucks hauling
fighters up the road to the camps because they were too weak to  walk.
One amusing side bar- One of duke Sigmund's squires had left his vanbraces
at home so the Duke had lent him a pair of his own.  He had taken them off
when he was stripping off his armor.  After the battle was called off, I  guess
Sigmund asked for his vanbraces back.  The poor squire spent several  hours
retracing his steps back in the woods trying to find them.  They and  the rest of
his armor may still be lying in the woods waiting for a lucky person  to find
them because he sure didn't.  Don't think Sig was too happy with  him.

Baron Bors of Lothian
Baron of the Loch
Mallius et Dei