[Ansteorra] Question 12/22

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh simonemu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 07:43:22 PST 2005

On 12/22/05, L T <ldeerslayer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> What different kinds of volunteering/jobs have you done at Gulf War?

Scribe point, Teaching, Teardown, Security
Marshaling, Gate, Privy duty

>   What was your favorite?

actualy a toss up between Securtity and privi duty

>   What did you learn that you wouldn't have known otherwise?

I have leared so many things I guess I'll anser this by Job.

Scribes point

 working  on scrolls at gulf war let me see how many awards get given.
I've done orifginals and charters at GW there are a lot that need to
be done every year.

Teaching is fun, it refreshes what I think I know with what I should
know and sometimes forget. some of my best students have been laurels
(they ask some realy cool constructive questions and I like
constructive questions)

Teardown....How much crap folks leave behind...it's amazing what some
folks will leave...and how good it feels when everything is picked up
and you look around seeing the site in it's natral state. there is a
wonderful seince of peace. then someone tell me we got to go. oh well
I  tell my self I'll be back next year.

Working Gate I learned that  even though it is normaly a lesson in
futility to herd cats...when they want into GW they  will normaly
allow themselves to be hearded. and that those runnign gate  have a
wonderful nack of bringing order to  the chaos. they show  kindness
and tolerance to  folks excited to be there but still grumpy after a
long drive. from them I learned  that I can great adversity with a
smile and a handshake and things get better.

Marshaling. I learned fighters will go to any Lengths to fix thier
armor at GW if they want to pass inspection. I have seen figters who
have put off needed repairs to thier armor scurry around like mad to
get it fixed so they can take the feild. it's one of the few places
when I have told a fighter that something has to be fixed or they
can't  play that they go fix it instead of giving me an excuse on why
they can't.

Security reminds me we are still all human being. yet I love night
security. I love watching over my friends so they can sleep at peace
at night. being there if thier is a problem that needs to be solved or
if someone need to talk. Though it is not a glamerous service job it
is one that is very satisfing for me.

Privy duty Everyone one uses them. Folks will complain when they are
dirty. but few want to clean them. Privi duty is a needed job that has
it's rewards. the look of gratitude on a persons face when they
realize you just cleaned it or put fresh paper in the privy is
priceless. folks are nice to you when they realized your geting ready
to clean the privy they want to use. It was working  privy duty at war
and seeing the need in it that got me doing it at other events at
home. we all want  clean privies and paper....someones got to do it.

Simone

>   Awaiting your replies,
>
>   L DeerSlayer

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh